Who Are We?
Xpress Centres repairs minor and cosmetic damage on vehicles. We offer this service directly to the general public (“retail”) and as a supplier of services to insurers, accident management companies, fleet management companies and others (“referred”).
What Personal Data Do We Process?
The personal data we would like to collect and process from you is:
Vehicle owner name, address, phone number, email address, vehicle registration, payment card details
If you are a retail customer or prospect, you will have provided us with some or all of this information when you requested an estimate from us via our website, via email, via telephone or when visiting one of our repair centres, or by signing up to join our mailing list via our website. If you pay via credit or debit card, we will process your payment card details at the repair centre or call centre. If you choose to pay for your repair in instalments we will pass your data to our payment partner.
If you are a referred customer, your data will have been passed to us by the insurer, accident management company or similar company with which we are contracted to carry out vehicle repairs on your behalf. If you pay via credit or debit card, we will process your payment card details at the repair centre or call centre.
Corporate customer name, address, phone number, email address
If we are providing repair services to your business, we process the necessary personal data required to manage a contractual relationship with you. You will have given us this data electronically, in writing, or verbally.
Supplier name, address, phone number, email address
If we are purchasing services or products from your business, we process the necessary personal data required to manage a contractual relationship with you. You will have given us this data electronically, in writing, or verbally.
Why Do We Process this Data?
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- If you are a retail or referred customer we process this data to enable us to repair damaged vehicles in accordance with services we have been contracted to undertake. Specifically, we will contact you to discuss the repair, to arrange the booking and to take payment from yourself or from the insurer or accident management company. We may invite you to complete a customer survey.
- If you are a referred customer we will use your data to advise your insurer or accident management company of the progress of your repair and, once the repair is complete, to arrange for payment.
- If you are not yet a customer but have asked us to provide an estimate for the retail repair of your vehicle we will use your data to create a quotation and to send it to you. We will also contact you to follow up on the quotation as part of the sales process via email or telephone.
- If you are a corporate customer we process this data to enable us to repair damaged vehicles in accordance with services we have been contracted to undertake.
- If you are a supplier, we will process this data in order for us to procure products and services required to deliver the services we have been contracted to undertake.
- If you have indicated to us that you would like to receive future marketing messages (by completing the form on our website, by indicating this preference on an estimate request generated through our website or verbally) we may email you from time to time.
- If you have chosen to complete an online customer satisfaction survey, we will process the personal data you provide in your response to the survey to improve the quality of our service.
- If you have requested to pay for the cost of services in instalments, we will pass your personal details to our payment partner Payment Assist when we process the payment application.
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- Performance of a contract where the data subject is a party
- Consent obtained from the data subject
- Legal obligations that we are required to meet
- Necessary for employment rights or obligations
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
- Sending direct marketing messages to customers or prospects where we have explicit permission from the data subject to do so.
- Updating customer details and preferences.
- Requesting feedback from customers to improve our services.
The technology partners we use to process your data in CRM, customer survey, vehicle repair damage estimation and management, finance, file storage, email and other systems do not require us to transfer your personal data outside the EU and/or are compliant with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, meeting the requirements of data protection outside EU borders.
Unless specified elsewhere in this policy, Xpress Centres will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent.
Xpress Centres will process and store personal data as follows:
- Referred and retail customers: 7 years (in accordance with our statutory obligations)
- Retail prospects: 2 years
- Corporate customers: until 1 year after the end of the contracted period
- Suppliers: until 1 year after the end of the contracted period
Your Rights as a Data Subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Xpress Centres refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
- Where our basis for processing your personal data is consent, you also have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
Your rights can be exercised by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Xpress Centres, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Xpress Centres’s data protection representative.
Xpress Centres’ Representative
Richard Stephenson, Xpress Centres, 18 Wildmere Road, Wildmere Industrial Estate, Banury, Oxfordshire, OX16 3JU
Telephone 0345 241 1431
ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone 0303 123 1113
For more information about cookies, please see Cookiepedia.
Cookies We Use
Strictly Necessary: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Cookies used: wfvt_3974814987, wordfence_verifiedHuman
Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Cookies used: _ga, _gat, _gid
Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Cookies used: SID, HSID, demographics, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, PREF, APISID, SSID, LOGIN_INFO, YSC, SAPISID (youtube.com); APISID, SSID, NID, PREF, SID, SAPISID, HSID (google.com).