Who Are We?
Xpress Centres repairs cosmetic damage on vehicles. We offer this service directly to the general public (“retail”) and as a supplier of services to insurers, accident management companies, fleet management companies and others (“referred”).
What Personal Data Do We Process?
The personal data we would like to collect and process from you is:
Vehicle owner name, address, phone number, email address, vehicle registration, payment card details
If you are a retail customer or prospect, you will have provided us with some or all of this information when you requested an estimate from us via our website, via email, via telephone or when visiting one of our repair centres, or by signing up to join our mailing list via our website. If you pay via credit or debit card, we will process your payment card details at the repair centre or call centre. If you choose to pay for your repair in instalments we will pass your data to our payment partner.
If you are a referred customer, your data will have been passed to us by the insurer, accident management company or similar company with which we are contracted to carry out vehicle repairs on your behalf. If you pay via credit or debit card, we will process your payment card details at the repair centre or call centre.
Corporate customer name, address, phone number, email address
If we are providing repair services to your business, we process the necessary personal data required to manage a contractual relationship with you. You will have given us this data electronically, in writing, or verbally.
Supplier name, address, phone number, email address
If we are purchasing services or products from your business, we process the necessary personal data required to manage a contractual relationship with you. You will have given us this data electronically, in writing, or verbally.
Why Do We Process this Data?
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- If you are a retail or referred customer we process this data to enable us to repair damaged vehicles in accordance with services we have been contracted to undertake. Specifically, we will contact you to discuss the repair, to arrange the booking and to take payment from yourself or from the insurer or accident management company. We may invite you to complete a customer survey.
- If you are a referred customer we will use your data to advise your insurer or accident management company of the progress of your repair and, once the repair is complete, to arrange for payment.
- If you are not yet a customer but have asked us to provide an estimate for the retail repair of your vehicle we will use your data to create a quotation and to send it to you. We will also contact you to follow up on the quotation as part of the sales process via email or telephone.
- If you are a corporate customer we process this data to enable us to repair damaged vehicles in accordance with services we have been contracted to undertake.
- If you are a supplier, we will process this data in order for us to procure products and services required to deliver the services we have been contracted to undertake.
- If you have indicated to us that you would like to receive future marketing messages (by completing the form on our website, by indicating this preference on an estimate request generated through our website or verbally) we may email you from time to time.
- If you have chosen to complete an online customer satisfaction survey, we will process the personal data you provide in your response to the survey to improve the quality of our service.
- If you have requested to pay for the cost of services in instalments, we will pass your personal details to our payment partner Payment Assist when we process the payment application.
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- Performance of a contract where the data subject is a party
- Consent obtained from the data subject
- Legal obligations that we are required to meet
- Necessary for employment rights or obligations
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
- Sending direct marketing messages to customers or prospects where we have explicit permission from the data subject to do so.
- Updating customer details and preferences.
- Requesting feedback from customers to improve our services.
The technology partners we use to process your data in CRM, customer survey, vehicle repair damage estimation and management, finance, file storage, email and other systems do not require us to transfer your personal data outside the EU and/or are compliant with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, meeting the requirements of data protection outside EU borders.
Unless specified elsewhere in this policy, Xpress Centres will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent.
Xpress Centres will process and store personal data as follows:
- Referred and retail customers: 7 years (in accordance with our statutory obligations)
- Retail prospects: 2 years
- Corporate customers: until 1 year after the end of the contracted period
- Suppliers: until 1 year after the end of the contracted period
Your Rights as a Data Subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Xpress Centres refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
- Where our basis for processing your personal data is consent, you also have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
Your rights can be exercised by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Xpress Centres, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Xpress Centres’s data protection representative.
Xpress Centres’ Representative
Richard Stephenson, Xpress Centres, 18 Wildmere Road, Wildmere Industrial Estate, Banury, Oxfordshire, OX16 3JU
Telephone 0345 241 1431
ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone 0303 123 1113
For more information about cookies, please see Cookiepedia.
Cookies We Use
Strictly Necessary: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Cookies used: wfvt_3974814987, wordfence_verifiedHuman
Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Cookies used: _ga, _gat, _gid
Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Cookies used: SID, HSID, demographics, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, PREF, APISID, SSID, LOGIN_INFO, YSC, SAPISID (youtube.com); APISID, SSID, NID, PREF, SID, SAPISID, HSID (google.com).
Terms and Conditions for Offers
From time to time Xpress Centres may introduce special offers or vouchers which can be used to save money on a repair. These offers and vouchers are limited to one use per customer and are applicable for repairs carried out at the specified location. The voucher code must be quoted when requesting an estimate – your discount codes cannot be redeemed after a repair has been completed. Offers and vouchers are time limited. Repairs must be booked and a deposit paid by the date indicated on the offer. Where the offer does not indicate an expiry date, please ask us for more information.
Xpress Centres reserves the right to change these terms and conditions and to withdraw special offers and vouchers at any time and without prior notice.
As part of our commitment to delivering the best possible service we may ask customers to complete a satisfaction survey once their repair has been completed. In completing this survey you agree that we may publish at our sole discretion online and in print, any comments that you make about our service. You also agree that we may edit your comments and publish edited or partial versions of your wording and that we may publish the photographs we take of your vehicle before and after the repair.
We will not publish your name or any personally identifiable information, we will not show the registration number of your vehicle and we will never edit a testimonial in such a way as to create a misleading impression of your views.
You may terminate this licence by contacting us by telephone, email or in writing.
Xpress Centres Limited (XC, we or us), is a limited company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with the company number 09300936 with a registered office at 15 High Street, Brackley, England, NN13 7DH, UK. These terms and conditions govern your use of this website. By using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
You must be at least eighteen  years of age to use this website. By using this website and by agreeing to these terms and conditions you warrant and represent that you are at least eighteen  years of age.
License to use website
Unless otherwise stated, XC and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages and other content from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- redistribute material from this website – except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution.
You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without the express written consent of XC.
You must not use this website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use this website for any purposes related to marketing without the express written consent of XC.
In these terms and conditions, “your user content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to this website, for whatever purpose.
You grant to XC a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to XC the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or XC or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
XC reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on the servers of XC, or hosted or published upon this website.
Notwithstanding the rights of XC under these terms and conditions in relation to user content, XC does not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, this website.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. XC makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, XC does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind.
Limitations of liability
XC will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if XC has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit XC’s liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by XC negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of XC; or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for XC to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, XC has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against the officers or employees of XC in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect the officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors of XC as well as XC as a corporate entity.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
You hereby indemnify XC and undertake to keep XC indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including, without limitation, legal expenses and any amounts paid by XC to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of the legal advisers of XC) incurred or suffered by XC arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to the other rights of XC under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, XC may take such action as XC deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
XC may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
XC may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with the rights and/or obligations of XC under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.